Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Drowning in K-pop: Sept. 12th - 18th

Credit: YouTube

And it is that time again...more K-pop! Yaaaay!!! Or not, as I'm sure that some of you are probably over these entries, but it's my blog and nobody's forcing you to visit it. Besides, I haven't really had the time or energy to do much else that might be of interest to you faceless readers/visitors/lost souls.

So, let's just jump into it, shall we?

1. DIA - Mr. Potter



As exciting as a K-pop ode to Harry Potter might seem on paper, I was kind of disappointed by this song and video. It's pretty much your standard girl group fare, meaning that it's too cute for its own good, so it's not really my cup of tea. However, there's a reason that the cute concept keeps on getting recycled - obviously more than enough people enjoy it... I'm just not one of them.

2. Kim Juna - Summer Dream



Since I wasn't able to find the actual music video, a practice video will simply have to suffice in this case. If I've said it once, I've said it at least a dozen times: I am not a fan of the slower songs...but this is actually really good. Then again, it's not necessarily slow, it's more mid-tempo albeit slightly less impactful than what I usually listen to. Also, she has a very pleasant voice. It's slightly deeper and a bit on the husky side without crossing over into "cigarette/whiskey voice" territory. It's soulful, okay? So yeah, another perfect song for a lazy [insert your day of choice] afternoon.

3. 2PM - Promise (I'll Be)


2PM - Promise (I'll Be) MV [English subs... von LoveKpopSubs

I like 2PM, I do, but this isn't necessarily my favorite song of theirs. That being said, this is still a fairly decent song, so I can't really complain too much.

4. Yoon Mi Rae - JamCome On Baby



Even though Yoon Mi Rae has such a beautiful, soulful voice and presence, her songs are usually too slow and sad for me. Or as a friend of mine said, they tend to be too "ballad-y." However, this is easily the most interesting song and video of the past week. In addition to that, I just generally respect her for having both mad vocal and rap skills.

Considering how uneventful last week was in terms of K-pop releases, I have decided to stop at four songs/videos this time around. This also means that I won't be including any honorable mentions. Sooo, rejoice people. All I can do now is end this entry with the hope that this week will offer me a bit more variety, but I guess we'll see about that in my next post.

Until next time: happy viewing/listening!!!

No comments: